Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Bikes





Lexie and Nick got new bikes yesterday. I wasn't going to get one for Nick, but he was SOOOOO excited when he found one his size and hopped right on at the store.

The backyard is not very level and muddy in spots at the moment, so I parked the truck at the end of our driveway (blocking the street) and let the kids ride around on the flat pavement. They had a ball.

I wish that I was brave enough to take them down the street to the bike path that runs along the road. I don't have a bike (or a baby carrier thing for the back), so I don't think I'd be able to keep up. Plus, as soon as we get a good distance from the house, I'm sure that someone would desperately need to use the bathroom!

Ellie and Kate were begging for new bikes too, but they didn't get them. Ellie's is fine, it just squeaks. Kate's is great also, but it is too "foo-foo" and "pinky" for her as she says. I told her I would spray paint it if she wanted, but I'm not buying a new bike just for the color. :)

No comments: