Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bedtime woes

Sleepy Time III by Makiko
Sleepy Time III
I have had SO much trouble trying to get the kids to bed this past week. Part of the problem is that Andy usually puts Nick to bed. Trying to get all 5 of the kids to sleep at the same time is almost impossible. Someone always seems to be awake!!

When Andy left, we drove him to work at 1 a.m. The kids stayed up to see him off and slept in the next morning. They seem to still be on this schedule a week later!! I thought that I had a small victory last night, but it turned into a failure :( I took a short drive to put Nick out (I wasn't looking forward to the battle again). He was asleep before we left the garage (seriously). It was almost 8 when we got back home. Nick, Lexie, and Tori were all fast asleep. I frantically got things done around the house while I had the time. Then, all three of them woke up at about 10:30 - well rested and ready to run!! I didn't get Nick back to sleep until 1:30 and Lexie at 3:30!! We barely made church this morning :)

Vacation Bible School starts tonight and I'm hoping that it will help us get them back on schedule. It goes from 6-8:30 which means we'll be driving home right when I want them to fall asleep - I just hope they do :) Wish me luck!

No comments: