We had such a great time in Kansas. We got lots of time visiting family and Nick was baptized by his Grandpa Nick. The girls got to play on the farm and go on nature walks.
Andy and I had a long date - two days in Iowa searching through cemeteries, courthouses, and libraries. Some of you may think I'm weird, but I had a really good time. I'm a genealogy nerd :) I'm sure that Andy probably could have thought of some better ways to spend his vacation (maybe fishing!) but he was a good sport and spent hours looking through microfilm and walking through cemeteries with me.
It took us over 30 hours each direction to get from CA to KS, but we drove without stopping for the night. We just switched back and forth (Andy doing most of the driving) and then we collapsed when we got home :) The kids are such good travelers, I'm so proud of them. Lexie didn't throw up this time - that made for a much more pleasant trip. Maybe the carsickness is going away....
We'll be making another long trip up to WA this December. The movers come the day after Christmas and we'll be up in WA before the New Year. Andy will then fly to Fairbanks and we'll wait at my parents until he has found us a home :) We're excited about our upcoming adventures!
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment