Thursday, October 05, 2006

More aquarium pics


I took 4 or 5 pictures and I still couldn't get one with all of them looking at the camera at the same time! It's hard to see, but Lexie is holding her treasures we bought in the gift shop - an orange jellyfish and a little sardine puppet :) Nick has had about all he can take - this is when we were leaving...This is one of Kate's favorite parts of the aquarium - you get to stand and watch the water falling over you. She could probably stay there for hours.
We saved our favorite parts for last - the Shark and Jellyfish exhibits. Lexie had been asking to see the jellyfish all day. When we got to that part of the aquarium, we found out that they were both closed. They will be putting in an otter exhibit instead of the sharks - come on aren't sharks more exciting than otters??

2 comments:

Family G said...

Hmm.... I remember the Monterey aquarium. Even though it's been 15 years since I've been there. What a great place. That's one of the things I miss here in Germany. Aquariums in the States just rock.

Must be a kind of hard doing all your favorite things for the last time. But at least you have time to say good-bye. And you have new adventures to look forward to.

Birgit

Jennifer said...

We are looking forward to new adventures in Alaska - I'm sure we'll go ice fishing, build an igloo, or watch a dog mushing race or something :) The kids have never even been in snow so it should be fun!