We decided that we needed a reason for celebration.
Yesterday, Tori turned 6 months old - the perfect opportunity for a party.
Ellie decided to bake a cake, but she was very distracted by her younger sisters in the kitchen with her and she ended up putting in an extra cup of shortening. Needless to say, the cake didn't turn out. She was very sad, but it was too late at night for another try.
So, today she made a pound cake with chocolate frosting - and she did it all by herself. I wasn't even in the room with her. She used the mixer by herself. She put it in and took it out of the oven. She took it out of the pan and frosted it herself (with her own homemade frosting!). I am so incredibly proud of her!! It was delicious. She has decided that she wants to make everyone's birthday cakes. Sounds good to me. :)
Today we celebrated Tori's half birthday and a day :) She was amused by their singing...
Friday, November 21, 2008
Happy Half Birthday and a Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
That is so cute! What an amazing job she did. Maybe she will be a chef! :)
Happy half birthday Tori!
Good Job sweetheart! I am so proud of you Ellie! can you make something for me when I get home?
love
Dad
Wow, you can be sooooo proud of Ellie for baking that cake all by herself. I guess she got her Daddy's genes. ;)
BTW, I messed up cupcakes ones because I got distracted. Yep, it was a cake mix, too, and I forgot to add water and was wondering why the batter was so firm and sticky... *blush*
Happy Half Birthday, Tori! :)
Post a Comment